- Childers, S. David
- 8601 N. Scottsdale Rd., Ste. 300, Scottsdale, AZ 85253
- (480) 429-5000
- America's Health Insurance Plans
- American Family Life Assurance "AFLAC"
- Farmers Insurance Group of Companies
- Houghton Mifflin Harcourt
- Independent Insurance Agents and Brokers of AZ
- Liberty Mutual Insurance Company
- Nationwide Insurance Company
- Office of the Commissioner of Baseball
- Property Casualty Insurers Association of America
- Reed Elsevier
- Roskamp Arizona Management & Development
- Surplus Line Association of Arizona
- employment and labor
- environmental protection
- municipal government
- private corporate interests
- professional and occupational statutes
- regulatory reform
- retirement and pension
- tax structure
- workers' compensation
- The Kutak Rock team provides a full service government relations practice with long established relationships with the Legislature, Executive branch, administrative agencies and municipal leaders. Our primary team has together more than 50 years of Arizona lobbying and regulatory experience and the governmental contacts necessary for effective advocacy. We provide legislative and regulatory services including policy and political analysis, strategic planning, stakeholder review and development, budget expertise and a strong understanding of the legislative process.
Bio & Experience:
- Mr. Childers lectures nationally on insurance issues and practices primarily in the area of insurance regulation. Prior to his entry into private practice, Mr. Childers served as Director of the Arizona Department of Insurance for three and one-half years. While serving as a state insurance regulator, he was actively involved in the leadership of the National Association of Insurance Commissioners, serving on its Executive Committee, chairing the Workers' Compensation Task Force, the Accident & Health Committee and chairing the Western Zone of the NAIC for two years.
Mr. Childers served on the U.S. Secretary of Health & Human Services' Task Force on Long-Term Health Care Policies, the Stanford Research Institute Long-Term Care Advisory Board, Governor's Private Sector Task Force on Long Term Care and the University of Arizona College of Business & Public Administration National Board of Advisors. Prior to his appointment as Director of Insurance, Mr. Childers served as Lead Corporate Counsel and subsequently as Manager of the Risk Management Department at Salt River Project. He is admitted to practice in Arizona.