- Curtis, Michael
- 501 E. Thomas Road, Phoenix, AZ 85012
- (602) 393-1700
- (602) 393-1703
Bio & Experience:
- Admitted to practice before the U.S. Supreme Court and the Ninth Circuit Court of Appeals, Mr. Curtis has more than 30 years experience as an attorney working in the areas of municipal, natural resource, utility, commercial, and corporate law. He also is an active lobbyist at the Arizona State Legislature and he works in Washington, D.C. on behalf of client interests.
Mr. Curtis has served as legal counsel for the Towns of Wickenburg, Apache Junction, Cave Creek and Gilbert and as legal counsel for the Arizona Power Pooling Association, Mohave Electric Cooperative, Navopache Electric Cooperative, HoHoKam Irrigation & Drainage District and the Cortaro-Marana Irrigation District. Mr. Curtis frequently speaks and writes on municipal law aspects of utility regulation and municipal energy, water and environmental matters.
Mr. Curtis is the executive secretary for the Arizona Municipal Power Users' Association, whose members deliver almost half of Arizona's electricity. He is a member of the American Bar Association, Arizona State Bar Association, Maricopa County Bar Association, and many other civic organizations. Mr. Curtis has also been a member of the Board of Directors of the American Public Power Association which represents over 1,700 municipally-owned electric utilities.
Mr. Curtis is a native Arizonan, from a family involved in the ranching and farming business. He received both his B.S. degree and his J.D. from the University of Arizona.
- Arizona Municipal Power Users' Association
- City of Litchfield Park
- Cortaro Marana Irrigation District
- electrical districts
- irrigation districts
- Mohave Electric Cooperative
- Mohave Valley Irrigation & Drainage District
- Navopache Electric Cooperative
- Town of Chino Valley
- Town of Clifton
- Town of Dewey-Humboldt
- Town of Gilbert
- Town of Miami
- Town of Oro Valley
- Town of Quartzsite
- Town of Wickenburg
- Town of Youngtown