- Osborn, Ph.D., Marc
- 8601 N Scottsdale Rd, Ste 300, Scottsdale, AZ 85253
- (480) 429-4862
- (480) 429-5001
- America's Health Insurance Plans
- American Family Life Assurance "AFLAC"
- Farmers Insurance Group of Companies
- Houghton Mifflin Harcourt
- Independent Insurance Agents and Brokers of AZ
- Liberty Mutual Insurance Company
- Nationwide Insurance Company
- Office of the Commissioner of Baseball
- Property Casualty Insurers Association of America
- Reed Elsevier
- Roskamp Arizona Management & Development
- Surplus Line Association of Arizona
- employment and labor
- environmental protection
- municipal government
- private corporate interests
- professional and occupational statutes
- regulatory reform
- retirement and pension
- tax structure
- workers' compensation
- The Kutak Rock team provides a full service government relations practice with long established relationships with the Legislature, Executive branch, administrative agencies and municipal leaders. Our primary team has together more than 50 years of Arizona lobbying and regulatory experience and the governmental contacts necessary for effective advocacy. We provide legislative and regulatory services including policy and political analysis, strategic planning, stakeholder review and development, budget expertise and a strong understanding of the legislative process.
Bio & Experience:
- Dr. Osborn has over 20 years of state government relations experience. He has worked on a wide variety of high-profile issues including significant changes in Arizona’s environmental protection laws, regulatory reform, tax structure and employment laws.
Dr. Osborn’s lobbying career began in the early 1990s when Dr. Osborn was a lobbyist for the Arizona Chamber of Commerce where he advocated on behalf of the business community on a broad spectrum of issues. From the Chamber, Dr. Osborn was recruited to direct government relations activities at the Arizona Department of Commerce. He also represented the Arizona Department of Environmental Quality before the Legislature and Executive branch and helped enact significant legislation in the areas of air quality, waste programs and water quality as well as improvements to the Water Infrastructure Financing Authority.
Since 1998 Dr. Osborn has represented a diversity of clients in front of the Legislature and Executive agencies. His areas of experience include insurance, public transit, transportation, economic development, tax policy, environment, infrastructure financing authorities, polling, ambulance certificates of necessity, employment law, public records, campaign management, health care, regulatory reform and education. Dr. Osborn has authored academic book chapters on lobbying, developed strategic government relations plans for multiple organizations, and lectured on strategic planning for government relations.
Dr. Osborn holds a doctorate and a master’s degree in Public Administration from Arizona State University and has undergraduate degrees in history and political science from the University of Arizona. He also has completed Senior Executive study at Harvard’s Kennedy School of Government. Recently, Dr. Osborn was an expert witness in McComish v. Bennett on the prevailing side, where the U.S. Supreme Court found the matching fund provisions of the Clean Elections Act unconstitutional. Currently Dr. Osborn is an adjunct faculty member at Northern Arizona University.