- Shultz, Martin
- One East Washington Street, Ste. 240, Phoenix, AZ 85004
- (602) 382-4060
- (602) 370-5698
- (602) 382-4020
- Brownstein Hyatt Farber Schreck is home to 250 attorneys and policy consultants in 14 offices across the western U.S., Atlantic City, and in Washington, D.C., where it is ranked among the top five lobbying firms. The Phoenix office concentrates in the areas of state government relations, utilities, water, natural resources, and health care. Whether they spend their days at the Legislature, in the courtroom or the boardroom, the attorneys at Brownstein share similar qualities – energy, passion and a commitment to the community.
Bio & Experience:
- Mr. Shultz is the Senior Policy Director for Brownstein Hyatt Farber Schreck. He has more than 40 years of experience in corporate public affairs, lobbying, public relations, negotiations of complex issues, business policy development, government affairs and public administration.
Martin has written extensively on electric utility issues, business and health care industry policies, and has a wide range of experience in civic, community and political activities. He has significant experience in the areas of fiscal policy, taxation, transportation, education and energy policy.
Prior to joining Brownstein, Martin was Vice President of Government Affairs at Pinnacle West Capital Corporation and its subsidiaries which included APS and Suncor Development Corp. where he managed public affairs and government relations.
Martin helped build the Palo Verde Nuclear Power Plant, which generates more electricity than any other power source in the nation. In addition, he was instrumental in the development of policies that led to Arizona Public Service's alternative energy resources.
Martin has had a significant impact on Arizona and the Phoenix Metropolitan Community with involvement in more than 30 community task forces, steering committees and Boards of Directors. Among those, Chair of the Phoenix Community Alliance, Chair The Discovery Triangle Development Corporation, and the Chair of the Arizona Bioscience Roadmap Steering Committee.
Martin serves on the Banner Health System Board of Directors; one of the premium health systems in the U.S.
He has worked on noteworthy projects including the expansion of the Phoenix Convention Center, the development of Arizona's major freeway system and the Phoenix metropolitan light rail system, Arizona school redistricting and unification, and advocacy for the homeless, to name a few.
Martin received his Masters of Education from Arizona State University and his Bachelor of Arts from Arizona State University and has done post graduate work at UCLA, ASU and Harvard University.
- American Institute of Architects - Arizona
- Anheuser-Busch Companies, Inc.
- Arizona ALFA (Assisted Living Federation of America)
- Arizona News Service LLC/Arizona Capitol Times
- Arizona Petroleum Marketers Association
- Aztec Land & Cattle Company Ltd.
- BNSF Railway Company
- Consumer Data Industry Association
- Consumer Healthcare Products Association
- Humana Inc.
- Manufactured Housing Communities of Arizona, Inc.
- National Safety Council (Arizona Chapter)
- Southwest Airlines Co.
- State Bar of Arizona
- Stonehenge Capital Company LLC
- VisionQuest National, Ltd.