Legislative District 1
In what may have been Arizona’s most bizarre primary race, House Speaker Andy Tobin has defeated an opponent backed by out-of-state money and friends who include Herman Cain, Joe the Plumber and the creator of the notorious Willie Horton attack ads.
House Speaker Andy Tobin easily outraised his party-mates in the three-way House primary in Northern Arizona, the latest finance reports filed with the Secretary of State showed.
- Business group ad: Klein is ‘red-scaring, conspiracy-touting’ politician
- Herman Cain gives money to oust Speaker Tobin
- Redistricting stirs up legislative primary races
- 'Joe the Plumber' says at Lori Klein fundraiser 'start shooting' on border
- Tobin poll: House Speaker leading challengers in LD1
- Man who created infamous ‘Willie Horton’ attack ad targets Tobin
- House, Senate campaign announcements raise concerns
- Even legislative leaders face crowded primary elections
- 2012 Arizona Statewide & Legislative Candidate List
- Legislative 11: Hot match-ups in 2012
- Klein explores run for House in LD1
LD1 SENATE CANDIDATES
LD1 HOUSE CANDIDATES
LEGISLATIVE DISTRICT 1 MAP
LEGISLATIVE DISTRICT 1 PROFILE
An introduction to the district, along with an interactive district map with candidates plotted. More...
A complete breakdown of the district population by race/ethnicity, age, education, party affiliation, etc. More...
A comprehensive analysis of the district’s voting patterns in primary and general elections, as well as key ballot measure votes. More...