Congressional District 8
ABOUT THE DISTRICT
An introduction to the district, along with an interactive district map with candidates plotted. More...
A complete breakdown of the district population by race/ethnicity, age, education, party affiliation, etc. More...
A comprehensive analysis of the district’s voting patterns in primary and general elections, as well as key ballot measure votes. More...
- House defeats Franks bill to ban abortions based on race, gender
- 2012 Arizona Congressional Candidate List
- D.C. official calls Franks a “bully” for bill to limit abortions in the city
The Club for Growth had a short but strong rebuke for Franks today after he appeared in an ad for Cardon in which he “sets the record straight” on the “absolutely false” attack ads paid for by the Club. In the 30-second ad posted today on YouTube by Cardon’s campaign, Franks, who endorsed Cardon earlier this month, says he can personally vouch for Cardon as a “job creator,” “conservative Reagan Republican” and someone with the “business skills we need in the Senate to fix this economy.”
OTHER ELECTION 2012 NEWS
- Rep. Hale seeking to have new Sen. Begay removed from office
- Arizona immigration activists lobby Rep. Salmon
- Arizona regulator won’t seek re-election
- Advocacy groups’ poll indicates most voters oppose early ballot bill
- Horne vs. Montgomery — the fight over the fight
- Ballot access getting easier for candidates, harder for initiatives
- Despite changes to election reform bills, Democrats, Hispanics still opposed
- Arizona ranks low in election performance
- Democrats, Republicans find good news in Corporation Commission races
- Immigration activist joins US Rep. Sinema’s staff
- Arizona court says ballot measure complied with rule
- Legislative candidates find success switching from ‘clean’ to traditional
- Support for Sheriff Arpaio declines even in some GOP strongholds
- Bennett to testify before Congress on voting rights
Attorney General Tom Horne is suing a conservative political group over wording in a television ad claiming that he is still under an investigation by the FBI.