Legislative District 7
ABOUT THE DISTRICT
An introduction to the district, along with an interactive district map with candidates plotted. More...
A complete breakdown of the district population by race/ethnicity, age, education, party affiliation, etc. More...
A comprehensive analysis of the district’s voting patterns in primary and general elections, as well as key ballot measure votes. More...
- 2012 Arizona Statewide & Legislative Candidate List
- Many Arizona Senate seats will go uncontested
Only hours after he was sworn into the Arizona Senate, Democrat Carlyle Begay faces a challenge to his seat on the grounds that he doesn’t live in the district he was appointed to represent.
LD7 SENATE CANDIDATES
LD7 HOUSE CANDIDATES
OTHER ELECTION 2012 NEWS
- Rep. Hale seeking to have new Sen. Begay removed from office
- Arizona immigration activists lobby Rep. Salmon
- Arizona regulator won't seek re-election
- Advocacy groups’ poll indicates most voters oppose early ballot bill
- Horne vs. Montgomery — the fight over the fight
- Ballot access getting easier for candidates, harder for initiatives
- Despite changes to election reform bills, Democrats, Hispanics still opposed
- Arizona ranks low in election performance
- Democrats, Republicans find good news in Corporation Commission races
- Immigration activist joins US Rep. Sinema's staff
- Arizona court says ballot measure complied with rule
- Legislative candidates find success switching from ‘clean’ to traditional
- Support for Sheriff Arpaio declines even in some GOP strongholds
- Bennett to testify before Congress on voting rights
Attorney General Tom Horne is suing a conservative political group over wording in a television ad claiming that he is still under an investigation by the FBI.