Elected to the board of directors of Literacy Volunteers of Maricopa County, a group that teaches adults to read and write English and prepare for the GED exam.
Ms. Solomon is an assistant professor at the Phoenix School of Law. Prior, she worked as the assistant to the dean and adjunct professor at the University of Mississippi Law School, as director of admissions and special programs at the University of Florida College of Law and as the vice president of student affairs at Edward Waters College in Jacksonville, Fla.
She earned her JD in 1994 from Loyola University School of Law in New Orleans.
• Jennifer Sweeney was promoted to government affairs specialist of the Arizona Association of Counties. Her duties include representing the interests of the state’s county leaders at the Legislature.
• Mark Baer was hired as the Arizona Association of Counties member services analyst and will oversee the development of member programs such as policy research, grant-funding and training. Mr. Baer is a graduate of Portland State University, and resides in Mesa with his wife Shelly.
• John Ronquillo is the newest member of the Arizona Association of Counties government affairs team. He earned both his BA and MPA from Arizona State University. He resides in Scottsdale with his wife, Holly.
• Dustin Jones was honored with the Dr. Charles R. Campbell Outstanding Alumnus Award at the Black Board of Directors 23rd Annual Dinner held on Oct. 20. The board’s mission is to assist African-Americans and other minorities in gaining leadership positions on various corporate, charitable, and public policy-making boards at the local, state and national levels.
Mr. Jones, a partner in law firm Snell & Wilmer’s Phoenix office, focuses on real estate development and land use and zoning. He also provides legal counsel to developers, homebuilders and landowners to maneuver through the land use regulatory process of various localities.
Listed below are law firm Lewis and Roca’s 13 new associates and the sections they specialize in.
• Corey S. Aday, real estate.
• Elias P. Batchelder, labor and employment.
• Adrian N. Betts, finance and real estate.
• Ricki L. Cohen, commercial litigation and products liability.
• Kylie B. Crawford, labor and employment practice.
• Roopali H. Desai, commercial litigation practice.
• John H. Evans, corporate.
• Benjamin W. Graff, administrative law practice.
• Emily G. Irwin, corporate and securities and trusts and estates practice.
• Joseph J. Orzano, commercial litigation practice.
• Kate C. Shaw, commercial litigation.
• Milton A. Wagner, commercial litigation and construction.
• Samuel S. Chang, real estate and corporate.