Brewer completes action on Legislature’s bills
Published: May 15, 2012 at 1:11 pm
Gov. Jan Brewer’s signatures on two last bills complete action on hundreds of pieces of legislation approved by state lawmakers during their 2012 regular session.
Brewer signed the last two bills on Tuesday, the deadline.
In all, she signed 363 bills and vetoed 26 others.
Those Brewer signed included bills to impose new abortion restrictions and loosen a requirement that health plans to cover contraception.
Other bills she signed provide business tax breaks and change the state personnel system.
Bills vetoed included ones on allowing guns in public buildings and demanding the federal government turn over large expanses of public land to the state.
- Lawmakers, Brewer plan $50M sweep of money intended for foreclosure crisis
- Brewer places moratorium on bills until budget done
- Cities, counties urge Brewer to veto consolidated elections bill
- Bills stacking up after Brewer threatens mass vetoes
- Brewer OKs limits on shackling pregnant inmates
- Brewer again vetoes bill allowing guns in public buildings
- GOP leaders heeding Brewer’s veto warning
Copyright 2013 The Associated Press. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten, or redistributed.