We see lots of things from our virtual perch high above 1700 W. Washington. Our exposure to all things political in Arizona typically results in some mix of these three reactions: Often we laugh, occasionally we’re astonished, and rarely we’re surprised.
Our continual challenge to present the news to you, our faithful readers, in such a way as to grab your attention, sometimes produces wild and outlandish results. Our creativity can be entertaining, but in many cases it’s just too far out there to present in a serious manner.
However, readers, you are about to benefit from our newsroom’s sleep-deprived and coffee-fueled state on this Nov. 3, so here are eight headlines from the election that never made it into the Arizona Capitol Times – and for good reason.
• Brewer has did it!
• Citizen Goddard – even more boring than Politician Goddard
• Quayle ready to knock the hell out of Washington… if he can find it
• Prop. 203 outcome still hazy
• Terry, Barry and Larry announce reality TV series, premium ice cream brand
• Horne: Secretary of State is a step up from AG, right?
• Ducey creams Cherny
• Schweikert offers to buy Mitchell’s abandoned CD5 office