- Goodman, Stuart
- 3200 N. Central Ave., Ste. 2200, Phoenix, AZ 85012
- (602) 277-0911
- (602) 617-5708
- (602) 277-3506
- Established in 2000, Goodman Schwartz Public Affairs provides services in Arizona in four major practice areas: state government relations, municipal government relations, community outreach and association management. For the past 15 years, the firm has represented the government relations and public affairs interests of more than 125 clients by providing timely and effective government relations and public affairs services that are based on the firm’s extensive experience and service in state, regional and local government in Arizona.
The state government relations practice is centered on offering a wide-range of government relations services within the legislature, executive state agencies and regulatory boards. GSPA, which has a balanced and diverse portfolio of public, private and non-profit sector clients, is located in Phoenix, Arizona and serves interests throughout the state.
Additional information relating to GSPA’s history, personnel, testimonials and case studies can be obtained from the firm’s website at www.goodmanschwartz.com.
Bio & Experience:
- For over a quarter of a century, Stuart Goodman has been serving public and private sector clients at the State Capitol and local governments throughout Arizona. Having prior service in state and local government, Goodman possesses significant experience in the practices of Arizona government with a wide-ranging focus on state agencies, regulatory boards and gubernatorial and legislative process and operations.
Prior to establishing the firm in July 2000, Goodman served as a senior policy advisor to former Arizona Governor Jane Dee Hull. During his tenure in the Hull Administration, he provided policy and management advice for 47 cabinet level and regulatory agencies within state government. Before joining the Hull Administration, Goodman directed the City of Glendale’s Intergovernmental Relations program. He also served as the principal policy advisor to Mayor Elaine Scruggs and the City Manager for state and regional issues.
In addition to serving the interests of elected officials, Goodman has also directed the legislative and media programs for the Arizona Department of Administration and was the associate director of government affairs for the Arizona Multihousing Association. Goodman has contributed his talents to a number of civic causes and is a past president of Public Affairs Professionals of Arizona. He is a recipient of the Phoenix Business Journal's Forty-Under-40 Award (Class of 2006).
Continuing his commitment to public service, Goodman received his commission in the U.S. Navy Reserve in 1999 and served honorably through 2009. In 2003, during Operation Iraqi Freedom, Lieutenant Goodman served as a Division Officer in the Persian Gulf and Indian Ocean aboard the aircraft carrier USS CONSTELLATION (CV-64).
Goodman holds an undergraduate degree in economics and a Master of Public Administration, both from Arizona State University. He also completed the Program for Senior Executives in State and Local Government at Harvard University’s John F. Kennedy School of Government.
- AAA Arizona
- Alliance of Arizona Nonprofits
- Alzheimers Association
- Arizona Area Agencies on Aging Association
- Arizona Association of Providers for People with Disabilities (AAPPD)
- Arizona Automotive Wholesaler's Association
- Arizona Community Foundation
- Arizona Pest Professional Organization
- Arizona State Association of Physician Assistants
- Arizona Title Loan Association
- Audubon Arizona
- CIOX Health
- CSAA Insurance Group
- Dignity Health of Arizona
- Excelsior Mining
- Freedom Financial Network
- Girl Scouts Arizona Cactus-Pine
- Intuit Inc.
- Prevent Child Abuse Arizona
- Sanofi Pasteur
- Southern Arizona Water Users Association
- The NARBHA Institute
- WL Gore
- Women's Foundation of Southern Arizona