- Ober, Ron
- 3636 N. Central Ave., Ste. 590, Phoenix, AZ 85012
- (602) 274-4244
- (602) 274-8339
- Since its beginning in 1991, Policy Development Group, Inc. (PDGi) has established itself as a leader in providing thoughtful and cutting edge solutions to complex problems. We pride ourselves in providing our public and private sector clients the very best creative and inventive thinking when developing public affairs and public relations strategies to address their challenges.
Bio & Experience:
- “Oftentimes, there is disconnect between business and government in their respective approaches to solving problems. Several of us at PDG have worked in both the private and public sector which enables us to identify innovative solutions to complex problems.” - Ron Ober
As a founder of PDGi, Ron functions as both the chief strategic officer for our clients and yet still thrives on rolling up his sleeves as a jack-of-all-trades. Ron serves as lead lobbyist for several of the firm’s largest clients and brings his expert strategic and tactical thinking to many of PDGi’s efforts at the local, state, and federal levels. In fact, he finds himself at his best when solutions aren’t obvious and creativity is needed. Additionally, Ron plays a key role in the strategic public relations efforts at Critical Public Relations and still finds time to do business development and focus on client relations. Ron works closely with everyone at PDGi in an effort to provide the highest and best efforts for our clients whose interests come first.
Ron has successfully grown PDGi through the marriage of two very different cultures: private business and public service. As one of the youngest and most successful political minds in Arizona, Ron ran successful campaigns for retired US Senator Dennis DeConcini at the local and federal levels and then became his chief of staff. By combining his deep knowledge of politics, policy, and the way government operates with his extensive experience as a developer in the private sector, Ron brings unique and potent tools and perspectives to our clients.
While Ron has served on many boards and commissions over the years – including Central Arizona Shelter Services, American Israel Public Affairs Committee, Arizona Commission on Judicial Performance Review, and the Jewish Federation – he contributes significant personal time and effort into helping these and other organizations do their fundraising and friend-raising which are both crucial needs. A graduate of the University of Arizona, Ron and his wife, Gail, have two grown daughters.
- American Lung Association
- Arizona Association of Air Medical Services
- Arizona Citizens for the Arts
- Arizona Speech, Language and Hearing Association
- Beacon Information Design
- City of Maricopa
- City of Tucson
- Derive Systems
- Grand Canyon University
- Johnson & Johnson
- Maverick Aviation Group
- Papillon Airways
- Phoenix Union High School District
- Pinal Energy
- Resolution Copper Company
- Stilo Development Group USA
- The Menta Group
- TitleMax (TMX Finance)
- Toyota Motor North America, Inc.
- United Tissue Network
- Wine Institute