I AM I AM MINISTRIES, INC.
ARTICLES OF INCORPORATION OF I AM I AM MINISTRIES, INC. (Arizona Non-Profit Corporation)
1. Name: The name of the Corporation is I AM I AM Ministries, Inc.
2. Purpose: The purpose for which the corporation is organized is: religious, charitable or educational purposes, including but not limited to charitable support for individuals and organizations that are indigent, impecunious or deserving of economic support and sustenance.
3. Character of Affairs: The character of affairs of the corporation initially intends to conduct will be to establish and organize a charitable foundation that will be qualified to obtain contributions of monies, property and moneysworth to endow appropriate activities consistent with its mission and purpose.
4. No part of the net earning of the corporation shall inure to the benefit of, or be distributable to its members, directors, officers, or other private persons, except that the corporation shall be authorized and empowered to pay reasonable compensation for services rendered and to make payments and distributions in furtherance of the purposes set forth in Article 2. No substantial part of the activities of the corporation shall be the carrying on of propaganda, or otherwise attempting to influence legislation, and the corporation shall not participate in, or intervene in (including the publishing or distribution of statements,) any political campaign on behalf of any candidate for public office. Notwithstanding any other provision of these Articles, the corporation shall not carry on any other activities not permitted to be carried on: (a) by a corporation exempt from Federal Income Tax under Section 501(c)(3) of the United States Internal Revenue Code (or the corresponding provision of any future United States Internal Revenue Law) or: (b) by a corporation, contributions to which are deductible under Section 170(c)(2) of the United States Internal Revenue Code (or the corresponding provisions of any future United States Internal Revenue Laws).
5. Upon the dissolution of the corporation, the Board of Directors shall, after paying or making provision for the payment of all of the liabilities of the corporation, dispose of all its assets exclusively for the purposes of the corporation in such a manner, or to such organizations organized and operated exclusively for charitable, educational, religious or scientific purpose as shall at the time qualify as an exempt organization or organizations under Section 501(c)(3) of the United States Internal Revenue Code (or the corresponding provision of any future United States Internal Revenue Laws) as the Board of Directors shall determine. Any such assets not disposed of shall be disposed of by the Superior Court of the county in which the principal office of the corporation is then located, exclusively for such purpose or to such organization or organizations, as said Court shall determine, which are organized and operated exclusively for such purpose.
6. A provision for indemnification of a director or a member for liability as defended in §10-3850, Arizona Revised Statutes, shall not be denied or limited by the bylaws but shall comply with §10-3202B.2., Arizona Revised Statutes.
7. Board of Directors: The initial board of directors shall consist of two (2) directors. The names and addresses of the persons who are to serve as the directors until the first annual meeting of the Board of Directors or until their successors are elected and qualified are: Kymberly Higgins Barber, 2514 W. Rapalo Road, Phoenix, AZ 85086; H. Dexter Barber, 2514 W. Rapalo Road, Phoenix, AZ 85086.
8. Known Place of Business: The street address of the known place of business of the Corporation is: 2514 W. Rapalo Road, Phoenix, AZ 85086.
9. Statutory Agent: The name and address of the statutory agent of the Corporation is: Kymberly Higgins Barber, 2514 W. Rapalo Road, Phoenix, AZ 85086.
10. Incorporators: The name and address of the incorporator is: Kymberly Higgins Barber, 2514 W. Rapalo Road, Phoenix, AZ 85086. All powers, duties and responsibilities of the incorporators shall cease at the time of delivery of these Articles of Incorporation to the Arizona Corporation Commission.
11. Discrimination: The Corporation will not practice or permit discrimination on the basis of sex, race, national origin, religion, physical handicap or disability.
12. Members: The Corporation will have members.
Executed this 31 day of December, 2010 by the incorporator. /s/ Kymberly Higgins Barber. Acceptance of Appointment by Statutory Agent. The undersigned hereby acknowledges and accepts the appointment as statutory agent of the above-named corporation effective this 31 day of December, 2010. /s/ Kymberly Higgins Barber.
1/21, 1/28, 2/4, 2011 editions Arizona Capitol Times