Legislative District 8
ABOUT THE DISTRICT
An introduction to the district, along with an interactive district map with candidates plotted. More...
A complete breakdown of the district population by race/ethnicity, age, education, party affiliation, etc. More...
A comprehensive analysis of the district’s voting patterns in primary and general elections, as well as key ballot measure votes. More...
- McGuire poised to return to the Legislature
- Republican Senate candidates hold financial advantage
- Republicans in LD8 hoping to hang on despite Democratic dominance
- Bustamante failed to disclose paying family for campaign work
- Senate candidates in moderate LD8 emphasize stark differences in Florence debate
- Ortiz says he has been open with voters about his arrest record
- 2012 Arizona Statewide & Legislative Candidate List
By a slim margin, Republicans won two House seats of the Democrat leaning Legislative District 8, where there was an infusion of cash from independent expenditure groups to reclaim the district.
LD8 SENATE CANDIDATES
LD8 HOUSE CANDIDATES
Mammoth, AZ 85618
Campaign finance: public
OTHER ELECTION 2012 NEWS
- Rep. Hale seeking to have new Sen. Begay removed from office
- Arizona immigration activists lobby Rep. Salmon
- Arizona regulator won’t seek re-election
- Advocacy groups’ poll indicates most voters oppose early ballot bill
- Horne vs. Montgomery — the fight over the fight
- Ballot access getting easier for candidates, harder for initiatives
- Despite changes to election reform bills, Democrats, Hispanics still opposed
- Arizona ranks low in election performance
- Democrats, Republicans find good news in Corporation Commission races
- Immigration activist joins US Rep. Sinema’s staff
- Arizona court says ballot measure complied with rule
- Legislative candidates find success switching from ‘clean’ to traditional
- Support for Sheriff Arpaio declines even in some GOP strongholds
- Bennett to testify before Congress on voting rights
Attorney General Tom Horne is suing a conservative political group over wording in a television ad claiming that he is still under an investigation by the FBI.