Congressional District 6
The Democrat who won the primary in Arizona's 6th Congressional District ditched the party on Thursday and said he will seek election as an independent.
Congressman David Schweikert took an early lead in his battle with fellow incumbent Congressman Ben Quayle.
Schweikert had about 54 percent of the vote in Arizona’s 6th Congressional District, according to early ballot results from Maricopa County. Quayle trailed with 46 percent.
- Quayle camp denies seeing improper conduct in swim
- Quayle out-raises, outspends Schweikert in pre-primary period
- McCain backs Quayle, says endorsement not too late to have impact
- Republican incumbents battle in Arizona's 6th Congressional District
- Shades of 1976
- Quayle, Schweikert seek to define themselves in debate
- Quayle tops Schweikert with huge fundraising quarter
- McCain backs Quayle over Schweikert
- Quayle, Schweikert trying to out-conservative each other
- Quayle blasts ‘dishonest’ opponent, Schweikert fights ‘Dirty’
- Calm before the storm?
- 2012 Arizona Congressional Candidate List
- Quayle tops Schweikert in CD6 fundraising
CONGRESSIONAL DISTRICT 6 MAP
CONGRESSIONAL DISTRICT 6 PROFILE
An introduction to the district, along with an interactive district map with candidates plotted. More...
A complete breakdown of the district population by race/ethnicity, age, education, party affiliation, etc. More...
A comprehensive analysis of the district’s voting patterns in primary and general elections, as well as key ballot measure votes. More...