• Sonoran Visual Media, LLC was awarded the 2007 Cutting Edge Award from the Arizona Society of Association Executives for a 45-second video e-mail they produced to promote attendance at the Southwest Landscape and Nursery Expo.
The winning video e-mail, which can be viewed on video-sharing Web site YouTube, was a collaborative effort between members of the host organization, the Arizona Nursery Association and members of the expo planning committee. It was shot using green-screen technology and produced to match the rock-and-roll theme of the expo.
Sonoran Visual Media is a full-service video production company for the Web, DVD, iPhone, and e-mail. The company also rents a full line of audiovisual equipment for meetings and events.
• Randi Alcott, after a long and successful career, most recently with Valley Metro/RPTA, has announced her retirement. For the past 32 years, Alcott has seen incredible progress made in the transportation demand management (TDM) industry and has been involved with many of those successes at the Regional Public Transportation Authority in Phoenix and the Metropolitan Transit Commission in Minneapolis.
She will retire to Puerto Peñasco (Rocky Point), Mexico, fulfilling a lifelong dream of making the vacation spot her permanent home.
• The Phoenix Chapter of the Appraisal Instituten, Arizona’s largest professional appraisal organization, elected the following officers for 2008:
President: Drue Bates, SRA, E. Drue
Bates, SRA & Associates
President-elect: Kathleen Holmes,
MAI, Cushman & Wakefield
Secretary/Treasurer: Timothy Morrison, MAI, CB Richard Ellis
Immediate Past President:
Wayne Harding, MAI
Laura Eklund, MAI
Melanie Denny, MAI
Michael Rowland, MAI
• The Arizona League of Conservation Voters has added the following two board members and selected its new board president for 2008:
Jessica Catlin, a league board member since 2006, has been chosen as president.
Tina Beattie, a businesswoman and statewide coordinator for the Republicans for Environmental Protection and Andrei Cherny, a criminal prosecutor, editor of the journal Democracy and former top adviser to Sen. John Kerry and then-Vice President Al Gore, have joined the board.
• Robin Simmons has been promoted to assistant vice president of real estate lending for Desert Schools Federal Credit Union. She brings to her new role 22 years of banking experience with such firms as Chase Manhattan and Bank of America.
Simmons’ career at the credit union began in 1995. She later became manager of training and evolved to build Desert Schools’ first mortgage operation into a national leader. She was recently named president of the AZ Credit Union Real Estate Network and also previously served as a member of the Credit Union Advisory Council for Fannie Mae.